Cropped Joggers


I cannot begin to pretend that 6:00am starts work well as a parent. I wonder why I am ambitious as I hit snooze for the third time this morning. I eventually bellyflop out of bed, startled that I now have twenty minutes to get myself ready. I then gaze apologetically at the make-up and jewellery that I had presented beautifully, with all good intentions of using, the previous night. When I had been over-dosing on caffeine, over tiredness and slight insanity. 


It is pitch black outside and there I am every morning, losing my battle against the ice as I slide, ungracefully, across the dirty pavement. I didn’t have the time to try my brand new work trousers on in the shop, Diego would have been appalled. He’d have told me off! So I purchased them anyway, disposing of the label and receipt. 

Today I gaze hurriedly around, with ankles on display, I begin to thrash, hoisting them back up. Too short and too big. Yet I’m not throwing money away, so here I am. Embracing my individualityIn a new style of cropped jogger.

I’ve seen better moments.  


Still, I’m feeling reasonably brilliant as I’ve bagged myself a second job, in the place I love. More money. More targets. I am aiming to create a better ‘me’. Goal one: Aim high. Goal two: Cut out over-stressing. Goal three: develop an earlier bedtime routine. Well, maybe I’ll just actually go to bed. Let’s start small.

My new job is going fantastically. I have proven to myself, and everybody that ever doubted me that I am capable of anything that I put my mind to. I am not a morning person, I never have been. Yet these last two weeks have changed me. My new job gives me purpose.

Boneata Bell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook, think twise...

Game on

Summer words