Birthday Ignorance - AS SEEN IN VOXX MAGAZINE SEPTEMBER 2016

One year. That's is how long I had waited to... Do I dare to imagine it... sleep in? I must admit I was a little ahead of myself; imagining lots of excitement and cuddles from my beautiful son! 23 years old.
11th September. At 5:30am. A poohy nappy and grumpy son. I swayed. Last night’s wine raring it’s ugly head. Voices sang. Apparitions? Appreciated? Of course! But at 5:30 in the morning Satan literally bakes space cakes inside my skull!
Two coffees and two Weetabix later, I'd perked up enough to realize that I was being ignored. By my own son! I Danced. I played with his toys. I moved in for a kiss, only for an evil hand to appear in my face and push me out of his way. Bully. I gawped at him. Only for him to turn and smile angelically at my mum. I stuck my nose in the air and gave up. Who needs attention on their birthday anyway?
Me. That's who. I sulked as the kettle clicked for a third coffee. A creamy one this time. At least "me" is pleasant to "me". Never mind. Gibraltar Point soon for a fab day out.
I decided to try again, caffeine fuelled, I asked for a kiss. My two year old walked straight passed me, kissed his Nanna, then his granddad, before looking at me and stomping out of the house.
You probably guessed it. I set off with enough time to observe the beautiful view of Gibraltar... Road. The traffic held us up and we didn't make it...
It wasn't long before I was laughing though. By the time bedtime came around I had received the biggest cuddle possible... As he clung to me fighting being put to bed. Happy birthday to mummy!
Boneata Bell



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook, think twise...

Game on

Summer words