VOXX COLUMN APRIL 2016


Judged

So many people want me dead. 

I can see that just by their rolling eyes. It's not my fault I have a one and a half year old teenager. He's screaming. He's fighting my hold. Whilst my mother casually purchases floor cleaner. Pretending she isn’t with me. I scowl at her. To everyone's horror I nearly drop my son. I battle to keep him away from the shelves. It's my turn to roll my eyes. He's basically Hulk Hogon.

I decide to leave the store. It's my safest option. Diego begins to calm down. I’m thrilled with my fantastic parenting decision. Boneata 1 – judgmental, probably childless strangers Nil. 

A lady approaches me. Probably full of pity for the struggling parent, she gives her biggest smile towards Diego and says "aren't you absolutely lovely?” I panic. Well I try to panic but I hardly even have a second to initialize my panicking before my son begins to shake his head hysterically and shouts "No!" Repeatedly in her face. Fantastic. Home time.

At 8pm I had finally put cherub into bed and crawled into my own. Curse the clocks going forward. Absolute nightmare… Then forty minutes after I had fallen asleep I was awoken by a vomiting bug. 

I kept up my inner fight by concentrating on the huge amount of chocolate I could eat without worrying about weight gain once this was over. Productive month... I also quit the gym. Because who needs a gym at Easter?

Anyway most importantly, I want other mom’s to realize that it is hard.  Despite what some would have you believe. Also gentlemen, buy her chocolate. Scientifically it releases serotonin - a natural anti-depressant that will help those hard days! Sometimes, we even quit the gym so we have extra time to eat it!



Boneata Bell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook, think twise...

Game on

Summer words