First Flight

I saw him hover then.

With cautious footsteps

By the stream.

          **

I saw him learn

With restless heart.

To spread his wings,

And catch his spark.

         **
I saw him flee,

Into the sky,

I saw him weave

And saw him fly.

        **
Mother close

Under the sun.

His body rose

And power spun.

          **

With wings of grace,

He then turned,

And pulled me back,

Into his world.

        **
With seconds still,

I saw his eyes,

A bird of prey

Take to the skies.

         **

- Beyond the landscape portrait paint,
I see the life 
That we create.
 - Beyond the charcoal pallet stain,
He falters,
but begins again.

                                                                                                     -  Boneata Bell 22nd April 2013





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook, think twise...

Game on

Summer words