Fighting for Curves

This is a very personal blog. A blog that reflects the opinions of oneself only. It is a blog that is willing to challenge, but this post in particular is the post that is willing to announce my biggest secret. It is not a secret that I have purposely kept hidden in the depths of my closet, but it is in fact a secret that I just do not share with the world. Until now of course.

That secret is weight obsession. You cannot put me into a bracket; I am not anorexic, I am not obese, I am not bulimic but I am living with the constant fight for curves. It began long before I can remember. My household has always possessed a set of scales, and I have weighed myself every day for as long as I can ever remember. I mean that quite literally. I felt that I was over weight throughout Primary school, Secondary school, college and no doubt in September, unless I suddenly lose a great amount of weight, I will feel fat throughout University.

So is this Media influence? Maybe. I may well be another typical girl, targeted by the media and paparazzi but if I am, well done them. They succeeded. Every day of my life is a fight against food. For example. It is 6:30PM, today I had DRY All-Bran flakes for breakfast. For dinner I had one fun size red apple and another bowl of bran-flakes, and for tea I had half a melon and ten green grapes. Yes I counted them, and yes I checked the calories on the box. Is it an obsession? It may be.

P.E throughout Primary school was a killer. Born with naturally large breasts and a weight obsession I did not wish to change in the changing rooms. The toilets were my get-away. My saviour.

Girls throughout history have fought to be skinny. All you have to do is watch the production of 'Gone With The Wind' to see just that. I do not wish to be too skinny. I do not wish to be over weight. I strive for the body that we see on the television. The one that does not exist I suppose.

The question that I wish to arise is who is responsible for a generation of 'weight obsessors'? I take responsibility for myself, I believe it is my own conscience that will make me who I am, and not what I see on the television. However, if you feel the same, who do you feel is responsible for your actions?

Ladies, you are not alone. The last time I had a cake, a biscuit or a packet of crisps was December 2011. (As far as I can remember). It kills me to watch my step father eating donuts and cream cakes and chocolate bars one after the other. I reach for a piece of fruit. Ladies. I encourage you to be proud of who you are, before it is to late.

Boneata Bell

(Image supplied by Google)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook, think twise...

Game on

Summer words