A Week in Paradise

It was June 5th 2012 that I landed in my holiday destination of Turkey. And it would only be a week until I would return home. From the moment that I arrived I was greeted by smiling faces and bliss by my hotel, near the busy place of Fethiye. On my first day I din't realise that by the end of the week I would be heartbroken to leave such a beautiful country.

We arrived in Turkey at approximately 6:00PM (Turkish time) they were two hours ahead of us. The accommodation was not what we expected as we had requested a balcony view, but a simple word with reception and we were moved into a room with very beautiful scenery complete with a balcony to relax on during the night and early hours.

I didn't realise that there were still good people in the world, I didn't know that I could smile at somebody and receive a smile back, unlike my hometown where a smile is usually exchanged for some verbal abuse.


During our seven days in Turkey we visited the Turkish mudbaths, we went to see turtle beach, we sailed on a boat across the river to see the tombs of dead kings BC, we experienced an earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale.  My mother and myself went horse riding through the mountains of Turkey and saw the eerie sight of The Ghost Town that has been left for many years. My step-father went on a fishing trip and we also took a trip into Fethiye's Bizarre area which was a very lovely experience as it was packed full with shops to suit every woman. As a family we decided that whilst in Turkey we had to visit the Turkish delight factory, so we went there too.

It was very convenient to have the Blue lagoon Beach right on our doorstep for a five minute walk from our hotel room, there was just a small entry fee to see the beautiful blue waters of Turkey.

We spent every night in the amazing bar just a step out of our hotel room where the barmen performed dance routines with fire and sparkles almost every night. We were also entertained with a Michael Jackson show. The bars and restaurants of Turkey are very different to England. In Turkey there were people looking out for you, they became your friends and your family. We even posed for a group picture on the very last night. The men were cheeky, bubbly and so much fun. I even experienced my first ride on a motorbike from one of the friendly locals who showed me the beautiful sights and scenery that I may never have seen. The cliffs were indeed a very steep and sudden drop, but where is excitement without adrenaline?

To come home from Turkey was probably the most depressing day of my life. To be home from such fun and happiness really hurt me inside, the same as it hurt my parents too. We plan to save until we can afford to visit the beautiful country of Turkey again.

Being in Turkey didn't just give me an amazing holiday, it was life experience that I needed to grow, to learn. In Turkey I did many things that I never thought that I would do. I would do it all over again. Now I am questioning whether England is the place that I want to live in, or if there really is a bigger world out there with even bigger experiences to explore. A bigger world, a bigger place and a bigger dream.

I will not rest until I return. Thank you Turkey, for giving me the time of my life.

-Boneata Bell

Comments

  1. Yayy!! I'm glad you had a really good time Boneata. :-D x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook, think twise...

Game on

Summer words